Saturday, October 23, 2010

First Skirt And Top

Hi this skirt and top are my new projects. I stitched these things by seeing one old skirt and top those are already in usage. I think it is not easy for a beginner.Because I have spent lot of time for stitching. Sometimes over thinking causes severe head ache.
Actually this skirt is a pleated skirt.  Length of the material required is 3 times that of the waist measurement.Prints in the skirt are screen printings already done by me. This is a cotton material. So pleats are easily visible. Comparing with synthetic material cotton material is suitable for pleated skirt. It contains side opening. Zip is another choice. But First time I have stitched this skirt as a trial. So I don’t take risk with zip in my trial skirt. Because I have less days for diwali. With this experience only I will stitch diwali dresses for me and my babies.
First time I attached one elastic in waist. That did not come well. So I remove that and then attach this waist band. The one I have learnt from this is elastic is not suitable for pleated skirt.


Hi this top is also my first one as a trial. Plain top is not giving good look. So I have done one appliqué work in it. This embroidery is my first machine embroidery. This is a zigzag stitch. In my first trial this embroidery did not come out neatly. Next time I will try it better than this.



Closer view of the appliqué work is……………


Closer view of the skirt is……………



Closer view of the top is……………


After wearing both of them it will look like this………………….


9 comments:

Thendral said...

Good efforts!!!

Millie D said...

That looks lovely.
Millie

viji said...

Nice creation dear. Your little one looks cute in this creation.
Your machine embroidary is also not bad. comeout well. Keep doing.
viji

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Thsi is such a cute combination. You did such a good job. Your daughter looks adorable in it.(-:

Unknown said...

Thank u Thendral
Thank u Millie
Thank u viji
Thank u La Vie Quotidienne
Thank u all for ur lovely comments

Kris said...

Very nice. I love to do applique with my Viking machine. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Awesome kasthuri.. Screen printing, applique and the whole of stitching done - all in one project.... I totally agree about the headache part. :) take care..

Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique said...

Simply beautiful thank you so much for linking to Sew Crafty Saturday! Hope you will join this week again :)

Jaleela Kamal said...

very cute
pleat skirt , i stitched these type of frock 20 years back,
very nice gr8 work.